Winners Announced In:
Look for us on:
Terms and Conditions of Use
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
You agree not to post any text, files, images, video, audio, or other materials ("Content") or use the Website in any way that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- violates any state, federal, or other law;
- threatens, harasses, or is libelous;
- is harmful to minors;
- contains self-benefiting advertising or marketing in public areas of the Website that have not been paid for and are not designated for the addition of promotional content;
- produces Software viruses or code harmful to other computers;
- disrupts the normal dialogue of users of the Website;
- employs misleading or false information;
- uses forged headers or other items to manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content.
You agree not to decompile or reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Website.
Unless you receive explicit permission, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Website. Any lawyer, law firm, or business that is listed as an Award Winner or who purchases advertising or any other service ("Customer") has the right and permission to manage their profile or purchased advertising or other service to their commercial benefit so long as the codes of conduct above are not violated.
You understand that all Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Website, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You understand that Company does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Website, and that by using the Website, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
If you believe that the Content on the Website violates your copyright(s), you may file a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notification by submitting your claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to 10900 NE 4th Street, Ste 2300, Bellevue, WA 98004 with supporting documentation to establish your rights. In order for us to process your claim, you must fully comply with the laws established by the DMCA, which, in summary, include (a) notification to the correct party; (b) delivery of your notification via fax, email, or registered mail; (c) clear identification of the date and your jurisdiction, including your contact information; (d) clear identification of yourself and your website; (e) clear identification of the copyright violator; (f) clearly outline the copyright violations using searches, screenshots, and so forth; (g) demand removal of the offending material; and (h) attest, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright and include your copyright registration information, if registered.
By submitting and/or adding Content to the Website, you grant, and you represent and warrant, that you have the right to grant to Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content.
By submitting and/or adding a profile to www.LitigatorAwards.com and/or advertising on the Website you certify that the information that your provide is accurate and truthful and that you and your firm are in good standing with your local licensing authority/applicable state bar and that you that you are licensed to practice as an attorney in your state. To the extent, while you have an active Award Winner profile on www.LitigatorAwards.com, there is a change in your status with any bar association or your firm becomes the subject of any disciplinary action by any bar association it is your responsibility to notify Company in writing within ten (10) days of such change.
Company does not endorse nor certify content that is posted on the Website. All information anywhere on the Website including, but not limited to, information provided by Company, Company partners, www.LitigatorAwards.com members, and general Website users, whether provided by a lawyer or non-lawyer, is not posted confidentially and shall not create attorney/client privilege and is intended as general information to start legal research and shall not be used in place of a one-on-one dialogue with an attorney licensed in your area and familiar with your particular legal issue.
Content on the site of a legal nature may or may not be accurate for a particular state or jurisdiction and may largely depend on specific circumstances surrounding individual cases, which may or may not be consistent with your circumstances. The legal information on this Website is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct for your jurisdiction or circumstances, complete, or up-to-date. Laws change rapidly and Company cannot guarantee that all the information on the Website is current.
Laws are different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Laws are subject to interpretation by different courts and the precedent of previous case law which may or may not be applicable to your situation. The application of law to any set of facts is a highly specialized skill, practiced by lawyers.
Recommended use of the Website is to find one or more lawyers that (who) can meet your legal representation requirements, to interview such lawyer(s) to determine the best fit, and then to check with your state bar association or other licensing authority to confirm the status of that lawyer's license to practice before retaining such lawyer. Company does not endorse or certify lawyers who are listed as Award Winners or advertise on the Website.
This Website and some of the Content on this Website contain links to other resources on the Internet. Such links are provided as aids to assist you in identifying and locating other Internet resources that may be of interest to you, and are not intended to state or imply that Company sponsors, endorses, are affiliated or associated with, or are legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in said links.
Information at our Website may be outdated due to the date and the method of the collection or may be incorrect. If you find information on the Website that you believe to be in error, please contact us with the specifics and we will investigate the matter and where we are allowed by our data source we will update the information. If information belongs to you and we can not update it then you have the right at any time to request that it be removed from the Website. Company also reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove from the Website any information that the Company deems to be false, misleading, or inappropriate, or for any other reason.
Information provided by Company is proprietary to Company and is protected under U.S. copyright law and international treaty provisions. This information is licensed for your personal or professional use and may not be resold or provided to others. You may not distribute, sell, rent, sublicense, or lease such information, in whole or in part to any third party; and you will not make such information available in whole or in part to any other user in any networked or time-sharing environment, or transfer the information in whole or in part to any computer other than the PC used to access this information.
Company allows the crawlers of Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Ask and others to retrieve the Website pages automatically. The use of other automated tools, that can impact the performance of the site, to download data from the Website is expressly prohibited.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE E-MAILS
By using the Website, you consent to receive emails from Company. Any emails sent that are not wwwLitigatorAward.com service related emails will allow you to opt out of the receipt of such emails; provided however, you may not opt out of receiving account and service related emails that relate to the provision and management of your Award and/or profile. To be removed from www.LitigatorAwards.com you must submit a request in writing via the Contact Us area.
LIMITATIONS AND TERMINATION
Company may create limitations of your use of the Website including, but not limited to, the number of times you may access the Website and the amount of information that you may post to the Website. Limitations can include full termination of your access to the Website and you agree that Company has the right at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice, to modify or discontinue the Website (or any part thereof), to delete or deactivate your account and immediately remove and discard any Content within the Website. Company's right to terminate shall also apply to the termination of services that are paid for by Customer and sole compensation for termination of such paid services, if the termination is initiated by the Company, shall be a pro-rated refund based on the remaining time left on such service(s); provided however, no refund shall be due if termination was the result of a violation by you of the Terms of Service. You shall have the right to terminate any paid service prior to any renewal date in which case your service will not renew at the renewal date and no renewal costs will be charged; however, you will not receive a pro-rated refund for the time remaining until the end of the current period unless you terminate pursuant to a Company satisfaction guarantee and you terminate within the guarantee period and according to the guarantee requirements in which case the guarantee provisions will apply. Further, you agree that Company shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Website whether a free or paid service and for the disruption or loss of business that may or may not result from the Company terminating the Website or your service(s) on the Website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE COMPANY WEBSITE AND ANY INCLUDED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, ERRORS, VIRUSES, MERCHANTABLE AND THAT IT IS FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES THAT ARISE FROM YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, MODIFICATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICE OR PART THEREOF.
VIOLATION OF TERMS
You agree that monetary damages may not be a sufficient remedy for any breach of this Agreement and that Company shall be entitled, without waiving any other rights or remedies, to seek injunctive or equitable relief as may be deemed proper by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Regulations for using Intellectual Properties of the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, LLC
The LitigatorAwrds.com web site ("Site"), including, without limitation, The Official Litigator Awards™ Database, are Copyright ©2014, 2015 by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, LLC. All rights reserved. Neither the Site nor any part thereof may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any means without the express written consent of the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, LLC.
Since their inception in 2007, the Litigator Awards™ of the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents have enjoyed increasing international recognition. Today they are among the most respected and sought-after award ratings anywhere.
Their prestige, long acknowledged within the legal profession, has grown over the years because the public recognizes the Litigator Awards™ as a measure of extraordinary litigation achievement and because care has been taken to preserve the integrity of the Litigator Awards™ symbol. Specifically, the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, LLC has carefully limited reproductions of the Litigator Awards™ medals and symbol and references to the annual Litigator Awards™ presentation in promotions and advertising.
The purpose of these Regulations is to set a code of fair practice for all forms of advertising pertaining to the annual Litigator Awards™ presentation, and for other uses of the Board’s intellectual properties.
The Board does not wish to restrict the benefits lawyers and law firms may derive legitimately from publicity associated with the annual Litigator Awards™ presentation, but desires to equalize these benefits and ensure that:
- the rights of past and future Litigator Award™ recipients are fully
- no false claims of Board consideration are made in any advertising
- the public is not misled by any statement or implication that any
- achievement has won or been nominated for an Litigator Award™ when that is not so, and
- the necessary legal protection is provided for the trademark and copyright
- owner, i.e., the Board.
The Board, as the copyright owner of the Board’s Litigator Awards™medal and symbol, and owner of its trademarks and service marks, including “Litigator Awards™” is required to protect its properties against unauthorized uses and infringements.
Please adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of these rules.
COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
- The Litigator Awards™medal is the copyrighted property trademark and service mark of the Academy of the Board. The Board has the sole and exclusive right to reproduce, manufacture, copy, sell, display images of and publish said medal in any size or medium, whether in three or two dimensions, and to distribute or exploit the medal or reproductions of same by gift, sale, license or otherwise. No reproduction, replica, drawing, photograph, derivative work or other copy of the Litigator Awards™medal may be made or used by any manufacturer, advertiser, organization or individual except in accordance with these regulations or under express written license from the Board.
- All published representations of the Litigator Awards™medal, including photographs, drawings and other likenesses, must include the legend Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, LLC™ to provide notice that it is protected by copyright, trademark and service mark registration.
- “Litigator Awards™“, "2015 Litigator Awards™“, and “2014 Litigator Awards™“ are trademarks and service marks of the Board and may not be used except in accordance with these regulations or under a special written license from the Board. Any use of the marks “Litigator Awards™“, "2015 Litigator Awards™“, and “2014 Litigator Awards™“ design marks must include notice of trademark and service mark registration and credit the Board as the owner of said marks, except as provided in section 20 below.
- Permission to use the Boards Award symbols (the Litigator Award™ medal, plaques, marks and certificates) for any publication in other than fair use hard-news reporting must be obtained in writing from the Board,, except that permission is hereby given to use Board symbols and marks of the Board in accordance with these Regulations.
- The Litigator Award™ medal may not be used in generic fashion as a logo or decorative motif for any purpose in any video or television production, or print or digital publication not produced by, or explicitly authorized by, the Board.
- The marks “Litigator Awards™“, "2015 Litigator Awards™“, and “2014 Litigator Awards™“ (as related to the Board’s Litigator Awards) may not be used in the title or subtitle of any magazine, online or digital publication, commercial web site, stage production, video, television program or motion picture without written permission from the Board.
- Litigator Award™ winners have no rights whatsoever in the Board’s copyright or goodwill in the Litigator Award™ medal or in its trademark and service marks. Award winners must comply with these rules and regulations. Award winners shall not sell or otherwise dispose of the Litigator Award™ medal, nor permit it to be sold or disposed of by operation of law, without first offering to sell it to the Board for the sum of $1.00. This provision shall apply also to the heirs and assigns of Litigator Award™ winners who may acquire a medal by gift or bequest.
- No personal appearance, picture or drawing of any Board or Litigator Award recipient with a Board or Board mark may be used in advertising or promotional materials of any sort without the written consent of the Board, except as permitted by these Regulations.
- No Board symbol or photograph, picture or drawing that includes a reproduction of a Board symbol or Board mark may be used in any advertising in newspapers, periodicals, billboards, posters or other medium, specifically including electronic media, without the written consent of the Board, except as permitted by these Regulations.
- Law Firms and/or Lawyers that have received or been officially nominated for a Litigator Award™ by the Board may so advertise that fact in print, and electronic media.
- Law Firms and/or Lawyers Pictures that have received an Litigator Award™ from the Board may use a depiction of the Litigator Award™ medal provided:
- it appears no more than once in each advertisement,
- the size of the depiction does not exceed ten percent of the total advertising space,
- the Board approves the quality of the representation of its symbol used,
- the copyright, trademark and service mark notice, ““Litigator Awards™ accompanies the depiction in legible form, and
- the achievement for which the award was conferred is specified adjacent to the depiction.
- Law Firms and/or Lawyers Pictures that have received an Litigator Award™ from the Board may use the words “Litigator Award™ Winner” or ““Litigator Award™ Recipient” incorporating the Board’s marks provided:
- it appears any reference to the Boards marks is directly followed by an indication of the achievement for which the award was conferred, and
- the Board’s marks appear in the form as approved in writing by the Board, with Board required notice of trademark and service mark ownership
- Law Firms and/or Lawyers that have received or been officially nominated for an Litigator Award™ by the Board may use the words “an Litigator Award™ Nominee” provided that:
- no reproduction of an Litigator Award™ medal is used,
- the word “winner” or equivalent term is not used to describe the receipt of a nomination, and
- any reference to the Board’s marks is directly followed by an indication of the achievement for which the nomination was conferred.
- No Law Firms and/or Lawyer that has not received or been nominated for an Litigator Award™ may be advertised or exploited in a manner that may mislead the public or imply by design, layout or wording of copy that the law firm or lawyer has received such an award or nomination.
- News and editorial uses of Boards symbols and marks in stories and articles appearing in newspapers, periodicals, digital publications, web sites and on television or in motion pictures, are subject to the following conditions:
- all published representations of the Litigator Award™ medal, including photographs, drawings and other likenesses, must include the legend “Litigator Award™” to provide notice of copyright, trademark and service mark.
NUMBER OF AWARD LAW FIRMS
* In the States of Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, and the District of Columbia, Litigator Awards™ may be conferred annually to 12 or more law firms in any given Practice Specialty. All other States are divided into multiple Designated Market Areas (“DMA”) as defined by the Board. In States divided into multiple DMA’s, Litigator Awards™ may be conferred annually to 12 or more law firms in any given Practice Specialty
Litigation outcomes are dynamic and vary annually, therefore the actual number of law firms conferred Litigator Awards™ in each State and/or DMA annually may exceed 12 per Practice Specialty category. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the broad Practice Specialty categories of Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice, and Products Liability the number of Litigator Awards™ conferred annually will almost certainly exceed 12 law firms in any State or DMA.
FEES & COSTS
There is a flat Certification & Registration Fee paid at the time a Nominee submits their Declaration Ballot for review. Nominees NOT Certified for a 2015 Litigator Award™ rating will be refunded their paid Certification Fee in full.
All Certification & Registration Fees must be paid by Law Firm check only, made payable to: 2015 Litigator Awards™
Registration Fee: $75 (per firm)
Certification Fee:$1,500 (per firm)
The above fees DO NOT include: (a). one more 2015 Litigator Award™ Plaques, Medals, or Medallions, (b). inclusion in any 2015 Litigator Award™NFL, NHL, NBA and/or any other television broadcast and/or television commercial, or (c). Video content of any kind. The foregoing may be offered, subject to certain restrictions and/or availability at additional cost. See page 8 of the N2015 Litigator Awards™ Nomination Ballot - Rules, Procedures & Award Eligibility Requirements for additional terms and conditions.